CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, 18 November 2011

Case Study


I absolutely loved the case card from Kryssi Ng over at the Case Study Challenge and I immediately knew which stamp I wanted to use. I sponged a piece of glossy white and used a circle to mask off the moon. I decided I didn't want to add any snowflakes because it didn't scream Christmas at me, more subtle. I have to say I am really pleased with this card and my hubby loved it. I added the little lemony crystals for the pop of yellow although it doesn't show to good in this photo. It also fits in superbly with the Less is More Challenge which was for Silhouettes so I am going to submit it to that challenge too.


For this card I used the following

Card - Basic Black, Glossy white
Ink - Marina mist, Buckaroo Blue and Not quite navy
Stamp - Forever Young, sentiment from an old hostess set

Thanks for looking
Jo


25 comments :

  1. awesome sponging...the image is awesome...hope your have a super weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What superb inking, and a wonderful scene, truly delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully atmospheric. Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great distressing , lovely card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, fantastic background and brilliant stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello
    Fabby card ...love it ....
    Hugs sylvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card Jo! That image looks quite dramatic!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very lovely card - your background is just gr8

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifullly simple but such a lovely card x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful silhouette and great inking. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful stamp! And you made a superb card with it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there, Gorgeous card, love the moody background very effective, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card Jo, love that scene :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. a beautiful stamp and a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your colouring. What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow thank you all for the lovely comments. I am more than a chuffed you all liked it so much. Thanks again.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Terrific Jo
    that's a FAB silhouette, I may have to add it to my next order!

    Thanks so much
    mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your image and the background works so well with it! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how you used the stamp against the coloured background.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful card, the position of the moon behind the swing is just perfect :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a gorgeous piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow, your sponging is fantastic! You created such an enchanting, serene scene :) Thank you for playing along with us at CASE Study!! Chupa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is gorgeous and so dramatic Jo! Much more work has gone into your card that my version!
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete