Sunday 28 January 2018

Bottles and Bubbles

Today's card I made for a workshop I did today.  I was inspired by my blog hop card and an image I saw on Pintrest for the bottle, BUT I forgot to pin it and now I can't find it.  I hate it when I do that but still I keep forgetting.  Click on the follow me button to see all my blog entries, you can also like my Craft page on facebook a link which is HERE.Just click on LIKE to see all my updates.




Firstly I embossed the bubbles and rings with clear embossing powder in opposite corners.and then layered the Early Espresso piece centrally.  I also embossed the sentiment in white embossing powder onto red card stock and cut out with the smallest shape and the slightly large one in white.  After I adhered the red to the white I trimmed away the white on the side.

I cut out the smallest bottle in vellum and sponged/daubed espresso ink on to the image up the neck leaving a section at the top.  If you want a clean edge to the top of the contents of the bottle, just put a piece of card or paper down and sponge over.  I then used Bermuda bay ink which I daubed the top of the bottle to give that greeny blue glass colour.   Then using my chalk pen I drew a line down the side of the bottle and around the base a fraction to imitate the light shining on the bottle.  I rubbed my finger over it to soften it a bit. 

I cut the straw out of whisper white cardstock and drew stripes down it with my red marker.  Next time I would do them diagonally.  To adhere the straw to the card I put some tape down the back of the bottle and stuck the straw to the back of the bottle, it's easier than putting adhesive on the straw.  I then adhered the bottle to the Oval.

I punched out the bermuda bay strip with the triple banner punch and adhered it centrally behind the oval piece.  I then popped some dimentionals on the back and popped it onto the Card.

I love how the vellum allows the straw to show through making it look more authentic as a bottle.

Thanks for looking.
Jo








Product List
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00
Real Red Stampin' Write Marker
Real Red Stampin' Write Marker
[100052]
$6.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Global Design Project #GDP238

I started off making one card for the challenge at ' Global design project'. I knew str...